So, Ellie, Amanda and I had our second sewing party this Saturday. I did not come prepared due to a hectic week (and probably should have been ‘shunned’ from the party, but Amanda and Ellie were kind to me) so I spent the first 2 hours cutting out and ironing my fabric for my tunic dress.
So, my thoughts on the tunic/dress, (which is from Sew Everything Workshop by Diana Rupp), it was a lot more difficult than I had anticipated and it took much longer than I expected. The neck hole and the arm holes were sewn differently than I would have expected, although now i feel like I learned a new skill, so that’s a bonus for sure. I’m not sure if I would sew this tunic again as it was very large on me even though I had sewn my size. I had to take in one inch on each side just to prevent it from looking like a tent. I think I could still take in some extra to prevent the dress from bunching when I use the belt (which I created because I didn’t like feel like I didn’t have a waist). I may also shorten it to be a long shirt because it is just a little short for my tastes (especially if I have to bend over, no one wants to see that!).
Well anyways, here’s a picture of the tunic as a dress:
And a picture from our sewing day:
Ellie (middle) made the apron for Tie One On (which I think would make a cute halter if you added a back to it!) and Amanda (right) made a pool tote and the skirt (which she whipped up so quickly, I was jealous!).
I’d love to know your thoughts on the tunic if you’ve tried it out, or just your thoughts on improvements to my attempt at the tunic. . . Next up, the Sew Everything Workshop boxers and another Nappy Bag. . .