And for the occasion, I have another free pattern to add to the list! The Marie Apron!

the Marie Apron

That’s my mom, Marie. And she’s wearing her brand new Marie apron that I made for her birthday. Can’t you see how happy she is? :)

If you would like to make the Marie Apron CLICK HERE for the pdf of the pattern and the instructions! Now, I will warn you, the pattern is on a 24″x36″ piece of paper which means that you will have to take the pdf to a print shop (like Kinkos) in order to print it. I don’t believe this costs more than a dollar or two and I’m giving you the pattern for free, so don’t complain to me that you can’t print this at home! It’s a big pattern! I have included the dimensions if you want to draw the pattern on some pattern paper at home. The curves are up to you though. :)

There is a lot of bias tape in this one, so you might find this tutorial helpful if you have never used bias tape before. Feel free to give me feedback to improve the instructions or the pattern – I’d love to know what everyone thinks!

Also, I hate to be repetitive, but please do not sell items made from this free pattern and do not claim it as your own design! Feel free to link back to this post if you’d like to spread the word though. Also, if you make this pattern, I’d love to see the final results! Please add photos of the final product to the flickr group here!

Tagged with →

24 Responses to It’s my first Blog-iversary (Free Apron Pattern!)

1. Sarah Kay says:

Beth! I was just looking at Jason’s 365 album and saw this picture of your mom. I told Jonny how much I loved that apron and was going to ask you where to get the pattern. And then, I come to your blog and you posted the pattern! I’m so going to make this sometime this summer! :) Although I have never used bias tape… so I’m going to have to use the tutorial. Thanks for the pattern.

-Sarah

• Elizabeth says:

So glad you like it! It’s a pretty easy project to learn bias tape on and the tutorial is what taught me how to use bias tape so you should pick it up pretty easily! Let me know if you have any questions about the pattern. :)

2. Jason says:

Happy blogiversary!

3. Ellie says:

The apron looks great! Happy blogiversary!

4. mamati says:

Happy Blogiversary

Thank you so much for your patterns you are indeed a sweetheart.

I linked your free sewing pattern page to Uhandblog as she has requested us to comment and add our fav links and urs is at the top of my fav list :)

5. Oooh, I like this a lot. I’ll have to learn how to use bias tape! I like the fabrics you used.

• Elizabeth says:

Thank you! I’m glad I finally found a use for that one yard of fabric that I impulse bought when we responded to that craigslist ad. . . :) I’m trying really hard to use up the fabric in my stash because it’s taking up too much space and spilling all over my floor!

6. anonymous says:

I like-y that apron a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Happy blogiversary!

7. Anne says:

Very pretty apron!!! I posted a link to your free pattern on Craft Gossip Sewing blog:

It will go live around 3:00 pm CST today.

–Anne

8. Shay says:

Great vintage styling! This one’s a keeper.

9. […] Free Marie Apron Pattern […]

10. […] Marie Apron Pattern […]

11. gaby says:

gracias muy lindo !!

12. Judy says:

Thank you for the pattern. I just found your blog and have bookmarked it for a return visit. Your blog post was made on my birthday…but I’m a wee bit older than your blog. :)

13. Janet says:

Thanks so much for posting this! I’m a beginner and this is the perfect first project for me.

This is a complete newbie question…what kind of/weight of fabric would be best for making this?

Thanks!

14. […] from my sis-in-law, Beth. She’s so great – she made the pattern! And shared it on her blog here. I love it because if you click on that link you see Beth’s mom and pictured below is my mom. […]

15. Misty says:

I’m new to sewing (just got my 1st sewing machine 3days
    ago). After looking at a ton of aprons online, I’ve decided to make
    this one. I think its flattering and I love that it has pockets.
    Thank you for providing the pattern. Now I’m just waiting for the
    fabric sale at Joanns next week.

16. Misty says:

It cost me almost $5 to have kinkos print this, but since I’m a newbie I think its worth it to have the pattern rather than to try to draw it out myself.

17. Melissa says:

Hey Elizabeth, I was reading your pattern and you said 3 packages of bias tape. I have been looking online to order some and they all come in different lengths. How many yards of bias tape do I need in all and would a 1/2″ be wide enough?

18. Judy McLendon says:

Thank you for the pattern. My mom has had two strokes and refuses to wear a bib; I’m hoping your style of apron will do the trick. Thanks again.