You may remember me saying that one of my resolutions for the new year was to coupon more, focusing on how to save money on things that we already buy. I think I’ve actually been doing pretty good in this area. I’ve saved anywhere from $10-$30 off our groceries each week without changing much about the way I shop. For me, the most difficult things about couponing is that most of the items that have coupons are super processed! Also, looking at coupons makes me want things I typically don’t buy, like chips and ice cream. I have been trying to stay focused and have found some great online resources for coupons that I thought I would throw out there to share with you guys. I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how many items have coupons that we typically buy if you just hunt them out! I love being able to support companies whose philosophies I generally agree with! Coupons for organics? Yes please!
- Horizon Dairy – You have to sign up to have access to these coupons. I have consistently been getting coupons for a 1/2 gallon of milk, and we all know how expensive organic milk can be!
- Stonyfield – I love yogurt, always have, and I’ve been eating Stonyfield for awhile. Again, you have to sign up, but I get YoBaby yogurt coupons, as well as coupons for adult yogurt!
- Earth’s Best – OK, I admit it, there are weeks when I don’t have time or energy to make all of Jude’s food. I have been consistent with apples and sweet potatoes, and that’s about it. Thankfully, Earth’s Best makes really great, affordable baby food. And they have coupons on their website for $1 of of 10 jars. For awhile HEB had an additional coupon for $2 off 10 jars, so I was saving $3! Good to have around in your pantry if you have a little one.
- Seventh Generation – I use their toliet paper, dish soap and dye free laundry detergent (although I don’t like their dishwasher soap at all) and there are usually some good coupons on there for all of those thing. Oh, and I recently used a coupon for their diapers since we traveled to Dallas and didn’t want to use the cloth dipes while on the road. I liked them a lot! You have to sign up for this one as well.
- Smart Source – I’ve been surprised by some of the online coupons I’ve found here: Tom’s of Maine toothpaste, organic Bordens milk, not too shabby! I check this website once a week.
- Coupons.com – lots of coupons, most are for processed foods, but every now and then a good one sneaks in there. Worth checking once a week.
I did a free trial of the grocery game for a little while, but found that they didn’t have good information for the Austin HEB’s that I was going to, but I know a lot of people have a lot of luck with that program. Sometimes, when I’m meal planning and a recipe calls for a certain ingredient, I’ll do a quick google search for that ingredient to see if I can find any coupons . . . sometimes it works and sometimes I get nothing, but I figure it’s worth a try! What about you guys? Any good resources that you recommend?