here’s to 30.

Today, I’m 30.

I could go on about this milestone, how I have thought a lot about growing older. That I want to embrace my age, rest in it comfortably instead of fighting against it. I won’t be 30 again next year. Each year I want to experience my true age. I feel settled in who I am and my direction in life and that feels good. It’s taken a long time. Y’all, things get better and I’m not just saying that.

Yet, it feels a little strange to leave my 20s. It felt a bit like I would be stuck in them forever. There was a lot of good, a lot of difficulty and some times I am more than happy to leave behind. Let’s just call them ‘a learning experience’.

Here we go 30. I think these years will be some of the best.

8 Comments here’s to 30.

1. Amanda December 17, 2012 at 8:18 am

I have enjoyed my thirties so much more than my twenties…I hope you do too! Happy Birthday, friend!!!

2. Amanda December 17, 2012 at 10:06 am

I love the way you have decided to embrace it. I feel the same way. I really am in a wonderful place in my life and am actually excited to turn 30. It’s still strange to say that I’m no longer in my 20’s but a good strange I think. Life really does go by so quickly, especially once you mix in those little rugrats 😉 Happy birthday!

3. Galatina December 18, 2012 at 4:45 am

Happy Birthday! Have a great time.

4. Jan December 18, 2012 at 7:49 am

I thought it was a relief to turn 30, 40, 50. When people asked me how old I was when the number ended in 9, there was always the joke about how long I had been that age. Good Grief! Each breath is a gift from my Father and all those breaths add up to a bunch of years of walking with Him. Glory be to God.

1. Elizabeth December 20, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I love it. Glory be to God.

5. Fran December 18, 2012 at 9:23 pm

happy thirtieth from a fellow 30-yr old! Stumbled across your blog and thought I’d say hello. Seems like maybe we have more than dirty thirty in common :)